Driving the intersection of science and technology to transform neurobehavioral health
BlackThorn Therapeutics is a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company based in San Francisco.
Our drug discovery and development approach builds upon recent advances and insights we have generated in understanding neurobehavioral disorders through a circuit-based approach vs. the historical categorical approach. By viewing neurobehavioral disorders in this new construct, we believe we can more successfully advance targeted therapeutics. We have a deep pipeline of best-in-class and first-in-class molecules targeting key neurobehavioral health needs.
The final element of our novel approach to central nervous system (CNS) therapeutics is the deep integration of advanced data science insights into our discovery and development processes. With advanced technologies in neuroinformatics, functional magnetic resonance imaging, gene-expression mapping, quantitative behavioral assessments, and digital biomarkers, we are re-envisioning CNS therapeutics to improve neurobehavioral health.
Since our founding in January 2016, we have achieved a number of milestones:
- Expanded our board of directors
- Developed a robust pipeline of investigational therapeutics
- Advanced our lead compound into Phase 2a clinical testing and received Investigational New Drug (IND) approval for initiation of a second clinical indication
- Taken our second molecule from lead optimization to Phase 1 clinical trials
- Were named a 2017 Fierce 15 company by FierceBiotech
- Moved to a new facility in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood to draw more deeply on the local science and technology talent