BlackThorn Therapeutics Announces Participation in Key Data Science and Cloud Computing Panels to Advance Therapeutic Development at 2018 BIO Investor Forum
San Francisco – October 11, 2018 – BlackThorn Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing targeted treatments for neurobehavioral disorders, today announced that two of the company’s senior leaders will be featured speakers in educational sessions at the upcoming BIO Investor Forum. These members of the BlackThorn team were selected for participation in the sessions based on the Company’s advancing efforts with data science, cloud computing and integration of digital biomarkers into its clinical development programs.
The BIO Investor Forum will take place October 17-18 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco. Details of the panel presentations follow:
- Speaker: Pablo Gersberg, M.B.A., Senior Director, Digital Solutions
- Session: Mr. Gersberg will be a speaker in the educational session Accelerating Biotech R&D through Cloud Computing. He will serve on a panel of therapeutic and IT experts who will discuss how the variable data intensity of different stages of the drug development process is making cloud computing a major enhancement for R&D productivity for biotech companies. The panel will discuss how data needs of biopharmas are increasing exponentially, as are the challenges of integrating these data sources and the opportunity to make progress addressing unmet patient needs at a pace closer to the information technology (IT) industry’s speed. This panel will describe processes and applications that are making a difference today.
- Date and Time: Thursday, October 18, 9:45-10:40 a.m. PT
- Speaker: Parvez Ahammad, Ph.D., Senior Director, Head of Data Science
- Session: Dr. Ahammad will be a speaker in the educational session Applying Artificial Intelligence to Improve Therapy Development Today. He will serve on a panel of experts working at the intersection of IT, therapy delivery and new drug development. The speakers will describe how the exponential power of machine learning and other artificial intelligence (AI) approaches can turn data into medicine.
- Date and Time: Thursday, October 18, 3:00-3:55 p.m. PT
Additionally, Greg Vontz, Chief Executive Officer of BlackThorn Therapeutics, will give a company presentation on Wednesday, October 17, at 2:45 p.m. in the Elizabethan C room.
About BlackThorn Therapeutics, Inc.
BlackThorn Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of people with neurobehavioral disorders. BlackThorn has created a robust pipeline of first-in-class and potentially best-in-class treatments. The company uses data-driven approaches to create a unique understanding of the core underlying pathophysiology of neurobehavioral disorders and applies these insights to generate objective neuromarkers that support target identification, patient stratification and clinical trial design. BlackThorn Therapeutics is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.blackthornrx.com/.
# # #